Mini Quick Bread (Low Carb)
I recently came across this quick bread recipe and was tempted by how little effort it required (it really is quick & easy!). Wasn't sure how it would turn out - or if I would like it (since, you know, I love bread!) - but it ended up being a pleasantly tasty surprise. It's easy to make fresh from scratch and you can experiment with different nut, seed or grain flours to suit your preference. Go on - give it a try!
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sunflower flour
- 1 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice, liquid
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- In a small bowl, add egg, flours, baking powder and oil. Mix well.
- Line a 4 1/2-inch (12cm) ramekin with baking paper and oil.
- Pour mixture in ramekin and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- When the top is firm, but spongy take out the bread and let cool on a rack. Enjoy!
Per Mini Bread: 250 calories; 19.3g fat; 8.2g carbohydrates; 11.1g protein; 1.2g Fibre; 51% DV for vitamin E; 43% DV for selenium; 29% DV for vitamin B1; 22% DV for calcium; 22% DV for vitamin D.