Simple, quick and easy to make. With just 3 ingredients, these pancakes are healthy and sweet with no sugar added.
They come together in a few minutes and make the perfect breakfast or sweet – tooth satisfying dessert.
The flavour will vary, depending on the flavour of your protein powder. I used organic chocolate powder (made with with cacao and stevia). The banana itself gives enough sweetness so no need for any extras.
If you like your pancakes fluffy add in some baking powder, however I prefer it simple and go by the “less is more” approach.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
Toppings (optional) as in picture:
- Splash of dark chocolate sauce
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of pistachios
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a about ¼ teaspoon of butter or coconut oil into the pan.
- Pour the batter in the pan: Drop roughly 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the bottom looks browned and golden when you lift a corner.
- Gently flip the pancakes and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and continue cooking the rest of the batter.
I managed to get 9 pancakes out of this recipe and it was perfectly satisfying. Talking about toppings, feel free to add whatever toppings you wish. Get creative 😉