I was looking for an alternative to pasta for a while as I absolutely love Bolognese and one day I found a solution. To be honest one of my favourite bistro bars were serving vegetable pasta and I stole the idea. One day I went on the hunt to find a spiralizer and since then my life is fulfilled 😂😂😂
The recipe is very easy and straightforward, what you need is:
- 500g ground beef (or turkey or chicken mince)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped celery stick (optional)
- 1 jar tomato puree or ready-made sauce Bolognese
- Herbs and spices
- 1-2 each of zucchini, yellow and green carrots, parsnips (shaved on your spiralizer)
The amounts will always depend on how many people you will be cooking for but this was enough for 2 adults and 2 kids.
- Heat the pan and add coconut oil.
- Add the onion and garlic first and cook for 2 min then add celery.
- Next add the ground beef and cook until it’s brown (10 min) then add 2 cups of boiling water (I added vegetable stock as well) and leave it to simmer.
- Steam or stir fry your vegetable pasta for about 2-5 min, be careful as it’s easy to overcook it. I like it crunchy so 3 min is enough.
- I like adding some herbs, salt and pepper to my vegetables to add more flavour.
- Lastly, check your meat – it should be soft before you add the tomato puree and herbs or the ready mad sauce Bolognese.
- If you’re not too concerned about the calories shave some parmesan on top.
And voila! Serve and enjoy!