Who does not love brownies?! Unfortunately traditional recipes are full of empty calories which could sabotage your efforts for a healthy lifestyle.
But don’t despair yet! PT & mom of two Adrianna has put together a healthier and less caloric version for you with her secret ingredient: black beans.
These brownies are yummilicious and they come out moist, dense, and with lots of chocolate flavor.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs or chocolate chip
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 pan.
- Place beans in food processor and process until mashed.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar and oil. Process until smooth.
- Pour into pan and add cacao nibs or chocolate chips (leave some on top) Bake for 30 minutes.