Machines are great for variety and allow you to add more volume to specific muscles.
The hack machine is set at 45 degrees and you need to align your shoulders under the pads.
The front facing version allows you to make the posterior chain work harder. I like to keep the toes up and put all the weight on to the heels.
- Set up the hack machine by loading preferred weight.
- Position yourself with your shoulders up against the pads.
- Place feet shoulder-width apart on the top of the platform.
- Push up to take the weight off the stack, place your arms on the side handles of the machine and release the safety bars.
- Slowly lower the weight down pushing your hips away until your thighs are at approximately right angles with your calves.
- Pause, and then push the weight back up to the starting position by tucking your hips under without locking your knees at the top.