The Arnold dumbbell press is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s all time favourite shoulder exercise invented by the man himself. It can work different parts of the deltoid in one exercise, great for the front and side heads of the delts. The extra stretch and range of motion you get through this exercise ensures that you recruit more muscle fibres and results in stronger contraction. All of this makes the workout more intense.
How to do this exercise:
- Sit on a chair bench with your back rested
- Hold the dumbbells with palms facing your shoulders (a supinated grip), keeping your elbows flexed
- Press the dumbbells upward over your head, slowly rotating your hands forward
- Don’t lock your elbows / arms, but do force your delts towards the ceiling
- Lower the dumbbells rotating your hands back to the starting position with hands facing your shoulders